My thought for a Pineapple Juice Pork Tenderloin recipe was I love the combination of pineapple and carrots in my juice recipes. Why not use that to slow cook a pork tenderloin in? I routinely make Breakfast Juice and Pineapple Lemon Juice, so much so that I have a hard time getting the maniacs to drink juice that doesn’t have fresh pineapple in it. Hopefully this combination would translate to a pork dinner.
I really like slow cooker recipes. I remember actually being mad at my mom for making so many dinners in a slow cooker when I was younger. I get it now. As long as I have enough foresight in the morning to think about what is needed for dinner I am far more motivated in the a.m. to get it going then I am at starting something from scratch at 5pm. Slow cooker recipes are easy when things are busy.
So I will juice some carrots, pineapple, and lemon and pour it into a slow cooker with a browned pork tenderloin.
Into the juicer goes 4 large carrots, 3/4 of a fresh pineapple peeled, and 1 lemon.
I diced the remaining pineapple and reserve for dinner, and slice a couple more carrots to go into the slow cooker with the juice and pork.
The pork gets a salt and pepper dusting then is browned on the stove before going into the slow cooker with the juice and carrot slices. I set the cooker to low and let that go for about 5 hours.
When it is done I remove the pork and carrots and pour the remaining liquid into a pot on the stove.
I allow the juice to boil and reduce by about half. Then add the carrots and fresh pineapple back in. 1 teaspoon of cornstarch dissolved in some water is poured on top and allowed to cooker another 10 minutes or so to thicken.
Then I slice the pork and pour the sauce with carrots and pineapple over it.
The sauce is delicious and thickens as it cools. Easy and healthy you can’t beat that in my house. If you don’t have a juicer I think this would be easy to do with canned pineapple juice and carrot slices. Any kind of combination of juice should work great with this but I like using the fresh ingredients.
- 1 1/4 lb pork tenderloin
- 1 fresh pineapple
- 6 large carrots
- 1 lemon
- 1 teaspoon corn starch dissolved in water
- Sprinkle salt and pepper on pork and brown in a pan with olive oil on all sides.
- Using a juicer juice 3/4 pineapple, 4 carrots, and 1 lemon.
- Pour juice into slow cooker.
- Slice remaining carrots thin and add to slow cooker.
- Dice remaining pineapple and reserve for sauce.
- Put pork into slow cooker and set to low.
- Cook for 5 hours.
- Remove pork and carrots from slow cooker and pour remaining juice into pot on stove and boil.
- Reduce juice by half then add back in carrot slices, fresh pineapple, and corn starch.
- Boil for 8-10 minutes to thicken then remove from heat.
- Slice pork and pour sauce over it.