The Pepperoni Omelet is something I have been making for 20 years or so. It has sentimental value to me (as well as Pepperoni) which makes it great! When I was a kid growing up I had a friend on the street who was like a big brother to me who used to make these. His name was Tom Doble and he died about 15 years ago in a car accident but every time I make these I think of him and remember fondly the times he would make them for me. I am not sure actually how he made them. If he used American cheese or put anything else in it? I don’t know. The specifics are less important to me then the memories at this point and when using delicious pepperoni in anything you have a wide margin for error.
I rarely buy Pepperoni. If it is in the house I would just stand around shoving slices into my mouth, so when I get it I need to have a pretty quick plan to deal with it. This week I will buy 1 package and make Pepperoni Omelets and Pepperoni Spaghetti (which will be a recipe coming up this weekend).
To start off making omelet I whisk 2 eggs really well in a bowl with a little salt and pepper. On the stove heat some butter in a nonstick pan over medium heat and pour the eggs in. I do not put any water or milk in with eggs.
I let the eggs cook in the pan without stirring for a couple minutes and dice all but a couple pepperoni slices (reserving a few whole ones for the top of the omelet), and shred a 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese.
Once the eggs are almost set I place most of the shredded cheese down the middle of eggs and the diced pepperoni on top of the cheese. Then I fold each side in and flip omelet over.
On the top of the omelet I place the last little bit of cheese and the leftover whole pepperoni’s and allow to cook another couple minutes or so.
Now it is done. If you only made one the next hardest part is making sure Norah doesn’t smell it and come running to steal it.
- 2 eggs whisked
- 6-8 slices pepperoni
- 1/4 cup Mozzarella shredded
- In a nonstick melt butter on medium heat.
- Pour in whisked eggs mixed with a pinch of salt and pepper and allow to cook undisturbed 2 minutes until almost set.
- Diced all but a couple slices of pepperoni.
- Place cheese (reserving a little for top of omelet) in center strip of eggs and top with diced pepperoni.
- Fold sides of eggs in to make omelet and then flip whole thing over.
- On the top sprinkle last bit of cheese and place the whole pepperoni slices.
- Allow to cook another 1-2 minutes.
- Plate and enjoy!