This is my really easy homemade dough I make for our weekly pizza nights. When I am home for lunch I throw all the ingredients into my mixer and let the dough hook knead it. It rises until I get home from work then it gets rolled out, topped and baked!
I have had the best luck with King Arthur unbleached all purposed flour. In the mixer I put 1 3/4 cups of flour, 1 tablespoon instant yeast, 1 teaspoon kosher salt. I set the dough hook to medium and pour in 3/4 cup warm tap water. I let it mixer together on medium speed until it starts to come together and then turn it to low and let it go about 5 minutes.
After 5 minutes the dough should be formed and it will have climbed up the dough hook. Sometimes I have to add a little more water or a little more flour. I like it to feel like a whole dough ball but be a little sticky. Then I take it out and shape into a ball and drop it into a bowl with a little olive oil in the bottom and cover with plastic wrap. It sits on the counter like that about 4.5 hours until I get back home.
By this time it has risen and I dump it onto the counter with more flour and reshape into ball letting is sit again under a kitchen towel while I get my pizza ingredients ready.
Next it is time to roll it out. I flour the surface of counter and top of dough and roll in flat, then I pick it up like a champion and toss into the air until it is size desired. Usually about 12 inches for this recipe although I have never measured it. Once it is the right size I let it sit again for 5 minutes then transfer to my pizza peel and poke the center with a fork to prevent bubbling.
It is now ready to top and bake!
- 1 3/4 Cups unbleached all purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon instant yeast
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/4 cup warm water
- extra flour for dusting and rolling
- In mixer with dough hook attachment mix flour, yeast and salt on medium speed.
- Add water and continue mixing until combined.
- Turn mixer down to med-low and let it knead dough for 5 minutes.
- Remove from bowl, shape into ball and place in bowl covered with plastic wrap to rise 4-5 hours.
- Remove from bowl and reshape and allow to riser again 15-20 minutes.
- Roll into shape desired and let rest another 5 minutes.
- Transfer to pizza peel, prick center with fork.
- Top and bake!