In keeping with my theme of cheeseburger related dinners, I give you Cheeseburger Pizza. Apparently my main goal is to create different ways of consuming cheeseburgers. I think I do this because I always get such a wonderful reaction from my little maniacs.
I was tackling the Cheeseburger Pizza project on a Sunday. I decided to go for 2 pizzas since Monday nights Norah is away at dance class, we usually end up without a family dinner. My plan was make 2 pizzas and a big salad and get two nights of dinners from it. I will never receive complaints about pizza 2 nights in a row!
Armed with 2 dough balls from our homemade dough recipe I started putting together the pizza toppings. I started by browning 1 lb of ground beef in a saute pan. Into the ground beef I added 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper.
While that was cooking I sliced 1 onion in really thin half moon slices. Then I did the same thing to a large pickle (I have to have pickles on anything related to cheeseburgers).
I readied 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese and sesame seeds.
After getting the dough rolled out it was time to assemble pizzas.
No sauce on this bad boy. After forking the dough (to prevent bubbling) the cheddar cheese is put down first. Followed by ground beef layer, then onions and pickles, before being finished with a sprinkling of sesame seeds. Now spreading a little garlic butter on the crust wouldn’t be the craziest idea. I also spread a little more cheddar cheese on the top to help hold everything together.
12 minutes in a 450 degree oven – on a pizza stone was the magic number for me. I let it come out and cool 3 minutes before slicing.
Of course, for my slices I doused in red pepper flakes before devouring.
I was quite happy with our new way to consume the flavor of cheeseburger I hope you enjoy too!
- For 1 Pizza:
- 1 recipe for homemade dough or purchased pizza dough, rolled out
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 1/2 pickle, sliced into thin half moons
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Preheat oven and pizza stone to 450 degrees.
- Brown ground beef in pan with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Once done remove from heat to cool slightly.
- Place rolled out dough on pizza peel and pierce dough with fork to prevent bubbling.
- Spread cheddar cheese evenly over dough.
- Layer on ground beef, onion, pickles, and top with sesame seeds.
- Add a little extra cheese to top (to hold together).
- Bake on pizza stone 10-12 minutes until done.